background

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Brycen Michael











Brycen Michael arrived 2/24/2010 at 2:50pm. I was going to be induced that day, but ended up going into labor and when I went in for my induction I was 5.5 cm dialated at 11am. I received a little pitocin to regulate my contractions, got an epidural at 6.5cm, about 12pm, my water broken at 8cm about 1pm. Then around 2 they called for the doctor, I began pushing at 2:20 and had him at 2:50. The doctor was pretty impressed I didn't have to push long, as he was bigger than expected... 1-1.5 lbs bigger than expected. He weighed in at 9lbs 3 oz, over 2 lbs bigger than his sister. These past 2 weeks (taking care of both kids) have gone better than I expected. I am not too tired, and as long as I get out of the house each day I don't go crazy :) Brycen lost almost 1lb in the hospital and yesterday at his 2 week checkup he was back to 9lbs 2 oz, so close to his birth weight, and going in the right direction. Brooklyn loves her little brother.. she says he is "too cute"!




2 comments:

aidanjordan said...

Brooklyn is right- he is too cute! I have been checking your blog everyday to see if/when you had the little guy. Glad you are all doing well. I am super impressed you had a baby over 9 pounds!

Katie and Rick said...

cute pics Hill. Brooklyn looks like such a good big sister!